- Chicken - Half a pound
- Onion - Quarter of onion
- Eggs - 3~4
- Dahi soup (About 100mL water + Hondashi - about couple of tea spoon)
- Shouyu (Soy sauce) - About 2 Table Spoon
- Mirin - Same amount as Shouyu or can be a little less (Mirin makes the taste sweeter)
- Seaweed - amount you like
- Rice - amount you like
1. Mince the onion and cut the chicken into small pieces. Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix it up.
2. In a non stick frying pan, bring the dashi soup, shouyu (soy sauce), mirin mixture to a boil. Then add the onions. When the onions are soft, add the chicken and cook it thoroughly.
3. When the chicken is done pour the eggs into a pan in a circular motion. When the eggs are soft boiled (eggs will still be a little runny), stop the heat, put the cover on the pan, and let it steam for couple of minutes. (The eggs do not have to be completely cooked)
4. While the eggs are steaming, dish up the rice into a bowl. When the eggs are ready, pour the eggs over the rice. Add some shredded seaweed on the dish as you like!